I’m pleased to recommend Hexed by Kevin Hearne.
1. I already heartily recommended the first book in the Iron Druid series, Hounded. Hexed does not disappoint, picking up with some story threads in Hounded and fleshing out a wonderful, complicated world.
2. Love Attitcus. And Oberon. And the widow Mrs. MacDonagh. And Leif… Okay, you get the idea.
3. The prose is wonderful. Okay, I admit this one felt a little episodic (especially the first half) but there’s both finishing ends of Hounded as well as building up the series for the next book, Hammered. Seriously, though. Reading these books is like settling in with an old friend.
4. Have I mentioned lately these books are about a druid?!
5. A warning: technically this book stands alone, in that all the information you need for this story is inside this book. However, a reader would probably enjoy it a whole lot more if Hounded came first. 🙂