Links! Advice! Tutorials!
I’ve been teaching writing and self-publishing for almost two years in my local community. Here are the handouts–available for anyone, not just the attendees! Have a look, see what you think.
Disclaimer: Self-publishing best practices are constantly changing with the industry, the laws, and the businesses who facilitate and sell books. Please always check the date and realize, also, that these are my personal experiences blended with advice from established self-publishing voices on the internet. What works for one may not work for another.
Writing & Editing
- Editing, Proofreading, & Self-Editing Workshop Handout
- Verbology Workshop–Storytelling with Action Words
- Dialog Workshop
- Characters Workshop
- Antagonists Workshop
- Story Prep Workshop
- Quick Thoughts on Publishing–January 2015
- Self-Publishing Workshop 6-15: Self-Publishing Basics
- Self-Publishing Seminar I: Resources
- Self-Publishing Seminar II, September 2015: Cover Design, Typesetting, Social Media, and Self-Promotion
- Self-Publishing Seminar II: Resources for Cover Design and Self-Promotion